Do you want to start a business? Do you have a plan for where you would like your business to be in 5 years time? Do you have an understanding of the value of one of your most significant assets – your business? We can assist you to establish a business, provide assistance for building a business plan, and then help monitor the success of your business.
Keeping track of your business finances can be complex and time-consuming, particularly as a company grows. Accounting errors can result in non-compliance, with subsequent penalties for company directors.
Delegating this work to our expert team allows you to concentrate on your core business, secure in the knowledge that you are compliant. We can help you with the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual accounts for both business management purposes and also ongoing compliance purposes.
Our expert accountants provide both financial and management accounting guidance when you need it. From the preparation of financial statements to cash flow forecasting and budgeting to assist in profit maximisation, we pride ourselves on being a part of your solution.
If you have a good idea for a new business venture but don't have expertise in the financial aspects of creating a new business, we can help you:
- Decide on the most suitable structure for your business — Sole trader, partnership, or company;
- Prepare a business plan, cash flow projections, budgets, and trading forecasts;
- Assess your finance requirements, advise on the best sources of finance, and draw up the necessary proposals;
- Establish a good working relationship with your bank;
- Register for an Australian Business Number with the Australian Business Register (ABR) and other registrations as required with the Australian Taxation Office (ATO);
- Complete registration procedures with the Australian Securities and Investments Commission;
- Deal with company secretarial issues; and,
- Set up a recording system for your internal use and for complying with statutory requirements.
Emma Sells & Associates can help you turn your business idea into a reality.
A good budget is an important part in the business planning process. It is one of the best business tools you can have, enabling you to set financial targets and measure the performance of your business. In addition to the goal-setting value, budgets will often improve your chances of acquiring funding. Financiers often require budgets as a prerequisite for funding approval.
The techniques we utilise to form financial projections enable you to consider future scenarios and provide you with goals to strive for in your business. There are many types of budgets. We can help you design the right budget for your requirements and help you prepare the future of your business.
What will happen to your business when you are ready to retire? It’s important to create a succession plan for the future so that successors can be groomed and you can enjoy the rewards of having built a business.
We assist you to successfully hand the reins of the business over to the next generation or to extract its full value on sale. We are experienced in dealing with all aspects of succession planning. They understand the psychology of success and dealing with the ‘dilemma’ of Capital Gains Tax.
The pressures of daily business can often mean strategic planning takes a back seat, but to have a successful business it is vital for planning ahead. We'll help you develop a strategic plan that examines where you want your business to be in the next 3-5 years and exactly how you and your team can achieve these aims and objectives.
Sound business planning and financial forecasting are powerful tools for developing a business. In fact, they are essential if you want to achieve and sustain superior overall financial performance and returns.
We know what it takes to be successful across a range of business management functions, including:
- Define the characteristics of your business in three to five years;
- Identification of your competitors;
- Define your objectives and financial goals; and,
- Include an effective implementation strategy to achieve your goals.